Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hunting Joke and Vow of Silence Joke

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He’s not breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls 911.
"I think my friend is dead!" he yells. "What can I do?"
The operator says, "Calm down. First, let’s make sure he’s dead."
There’s a silence, then a shot.
Back on the phone, the guy says, "Okay, now what?"

Every ten years, the monks in the monastery are allowed to break their vow of silence to speak two words. Ten years go by and it’s the first chance for a new monk to speak. He thinks for a second before saying, "Food bad."
Ten years later, he says, "Bed hard."
It’s the big day, a decade later. He gives the head monk a long stare and says, "I quit."
"I’m not surprised," the head monk says. "You’ve done nothing but complain ever since you got here."

No comments:

Post a Comment